Re: Kerberos patch in the queue

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <Dah(at)pdc(dot)kth(dot)se>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Kerberos patch in the queue
Date: 2005-04-15 18:38:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Tom, assuming we fix this, are you fine with the concept?
>
>Mostly. Should the --with-krb-srvnam configure parameter go away?
>Or is it now seen as establishing an installation default? (Either
>way implies some documentation work.)

The original way kept it in there to establish an installation default.
I think that is a good idea (yes, it certainly has to be documented) to
keep it as such, and just allow it to be overridden (the same way you
can use --with-pgport to change the default port, but you can still
override it in postgresql.conf).

//Magnus