Re: Not able to install 8.0-beta1-20040909

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Michael Boeni" <mbo(at)shift-think(dot)net>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not able to install 8.0-beta1-20040909
Date: 2004-10-10 18:53:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Hello pgsql-bugs,
>
>I have not been able to install postgresql on any windows box I have
>here. i always get the same error: "Failed to create process for
>initdb: 1385!". No matter if it is XP Pro, W2K.
>
>i would expect a beta to at least instll correctly.

First of all, please download the latest beta. beta-1 is lacking a whole
lot of things.

Second, this problem is because you ened to grant the postgresql service
account "Log on locally", "Access this computer from the network" and
"Log on as a service". The current released betas of the installer only
checks for the service right. This is fixed in latest cvs, and we expect
to put out a new version of the installer in a couple of days.

//Magnus