Re: initdb fails

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Cherry Ann Alib" <alib(dot)ch(at)g6v(dot)cnt(dot)ncos(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb fails
Date: 2004-10-10 19:39:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Cherry Ann Alib" <alib(dot)ch(at)g6v(dot)cnt(dot)ncos(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> I am currently having a problen initializing database in HPUX11.0.

> creating template1 database in /home/calib/data/base/1... ERROR: invalid
> input syntax for type "oid": "select cast(($1 + $2) as timestamp with time
> zone)"

Hmm ... what Postgres version is this exactly? How did you
build/install it?

The problem looks like the contents of the postgres.bki initialization
script are either wrong or being incorrectly interpreted by the
bootstrap loading code (specifically, I'm thinking that it's gotten off
by one column in the contents of pg_proc, so that a value meant for the
prosrc column is being put into an adjacent OID column).

IIRC we have seen cases in the past where postgres.bki got mangled by
buggy versions of "sed" or "awk", since we rely on those programs to
generate postgres.bki from the source files. Not sure if that is your
problem here though.