Re: Installation failed on Win2k

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: <ymp(at)ymp(dot)ch>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation failed on Win2k
Date: 2004-09-11 13:59:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Dear friends
>
>I'm not able to install postgresql on my Windows Machine:
>

>RDBMS Version: 8.0.0 beta2-2dev
>OS: Windows 2k - all patches installed (up to date)
>
>After klicking o.k. in the window that displays the Release Notes,
>installation abords with the following message:
>
>"Installation ended prematurely because of an error"
>

>Ok. That's it. :-)
>Please try too improve such errormessages, it would enormous
>help to find
>an error.

This is a known issue in the beta2 installer. I'm working on this right
now, and I think I have tracked down the location of the problem. We'lll
put out a new version of the installer as soon as it's fixed.

You acn track this issue on pgfoundry at
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=126&aid=1000095&group_id=
1000007

//Magnus