Found a bug

From: "Gurjeet Singh" <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Found a bug
Date: 2006-11-07 13:55:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

Please refer the following session snippet. It seems that creating and
dropping an index on a table, within a transaction, leaves the table marked
as having an index. Although, I don't think it's a serious bug, since we
always retrieve the list using RelationGetIndexList(), and that list turns
out to be empty; but, if possible we should track it down.

Even restarting the DB cluster doesn't help.

postgres=# create table t ( a int );
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# select relhasindex from pg_class where relname = 't';
relhasindex
-------------
(1 row)

postgres=# begin;
BEGIN
postgres=# create index ind_t_a on t(a);
CREATE INDEX
postgres=# select relhasindex from pg_class where relname = 't';
relhasindex
-------------
(1 row)

postgres=# \d t
Table "public.t"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
a | integer |
"ind_t_a" btree (a)

postgres=# rollback;
ROLLBACK
postgres=# \d t
Table "public.t"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
a | integer |

postgres=# select relhasindex from pg_class where relname = 't';
relhasindex
(1 row)

postgres=#

Best regards,

--
gurjeet[(dot)singh](at)EnterpriseDB(dot)com
singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | hotmail | yahoo }.com