Re: pg_upgrade: out of memory

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Carrington, Matthew (Produban)" <Matthew(dot)Carrington(at)Produban(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade: out of memory
Date: 2012-09-21 14:57:53
Lists: pgsql-general

"Carrington, Matthew (Produban)" <Matthew(dot)Carrington(at)Produban(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> As its AIX I don't have top but using topas and comparing it to other processes running a successful pg_dumpall doesn't get very large at all.

Hmm. Best guess at this point is that there's some specific DDL in your
database that confuses some recent change in pg_dump. Can you try to
narrow down what it is? Try taking a pg_dump -s (schema only) from
the cahoot_monitoring database, load parts of that into a scratch
database, see if 9.2 pg_dump fails on that. Alternatively, if there's
nothing terribly sensitive in your DDL, maybe you could send me the
pg_dump -s output off-list?