9.1 vs 8.4 performance

From: salah jubeh <s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.1 vs 8.4 performance
Date: 2012-09-21 14:32:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have two postgresql servers 9.1.5 and 8.4.8  running on ubuntu machine, both are fresh installs and both has the same configuration files and databases.

I am running queries sequentially on each machine using a database  dumped from a life server ,  and 9.1 server is much slower than 8.4.

I am wondering what might be the cause for this behaviour?  Does 9.1 requires more attention on setting some parameters ..  ?

Regards