Is the JDBC driver i18n compatible?

From: Vernon Wu <vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is the JDBC driver i18n compatible?
Date: 2002-09-26 06:48:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I can't store/retrieve Chinese character in Postgresql thorough the JDBC. The problem seems to be in the version of
JDBC driver from the postgresql.org site. Do anyone know a i18n compatible postgresql JDBC driver some where? I
hate to see that I have to dump Postgresql only because the problem.

BTY, while looking for a Postgresql alternative, I learn the new release SAP DB, version 7.3, is double byte enable.
That is a greate news for folks who are working on Java multilingual application. I image people can store English,
Japanese, German in the same DB with a double byte enable DB.