Re: Is the JDBC driver i18n compatible?

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: vernonw(at)gatewaytech(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is the JDBC driver i18n compatible?
Date: 2002-09-26 20:56:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Vernon,

Yes the jdbc driver is i18n compatible. May users run with unicode and
other character sets. What verson of the postgres server are you
running? Did you build postgres with multibyte support enabled? Did you
create your database in the correct character set?

thanks,
--Barry

Vernon Wu wrote:
> I can't store/retrieve Chinese character in Postgresql thorough the
JDBC. The problem seems to be in the version of
> JDBC driver from the postgresql.org site. Do anyone know a i18n
compatible postgresql JDBC driver some where? I
> hate to see that I have to dump Postgresql only because the problem.
>
> BTY, while looking for a Postgresql alternative, I learn the new
release SAP DB, version 7.3, is double byte enable.
> That is a greate news for folks who are working on Java multilingual
application. I image people can store English,