Re: More than one pg_database entry for database

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "James Wilford" <jwilford(at)mistral(dot)net>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More than one pg_database entry for database
Date: 2007-07-06 16:39:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

"James Wilford" <jwilford(at)mistral(dot)net> writes:
> I'd like to try the dump and reload - the only problem is that I can't
> use pg_dump because of the error. And I can't rename the entry in
> pg_database because my update statement won't match any rows.

You can't change the dead entry, but it should work to rename the live
one.

BTW, you have one of the most annoying quoting styles I have ever seen:
it's impossible to tell your words from those of the message you are
replying to, and not trimming the overhead from that message wastes
still more of your readers' time. Please change your habits, or you
are likely to find that people stop reading your mail.