Re: warn in plperl logs as... NOTICE??

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)waki(dot)ru>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: warn in plperl logs as... NOTICE??
Date: 2010-01-22 14:38:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)waki(dot)ru> wrote:
> I think elog(WARNING) is less surprising for the end-user, unless there's an objection strong enough to include it into the documentation :)

I think the main possible objection would what Simon just wrote on the
other thread - that it's been this way for a while, and while someone
might think that a different decision about how to handle it would
have been better, there may be people counting on the current behavior
who will have to spend time and perhaps money making changes if we
change it.

...Robert