Re: Keeping creation time of objects

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "PG Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Keeping creation time of objects
Date: 2008-09-10 02:50:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> When people aren't keeping track of their DDL, that is very strictly a
> process problem on their end. When people are shooting themselves in
> the foot, it's a great disservice to market Kevlar shoes to them.

I can't believe anyone is going to stop tracking their DDL because,
ooh goody, now we have pg_class.creation_time. They will look at and
say either "oh, this is nice" or "oh, this is useless" and go on about
their business.

I try pretty hard not to shoot myself in the foot. But if someone
comes up to me and offers me some shoes that are have the same cost,
appearance, comfort-level, and durability as regular shoes but are
slightly more bullet resistant, should I refuse them on principle?
Why?

...Robert