Re: XFS filessystem for Datawarehousing -2

From: "Denis Lussier" <denisl(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: "Milen Kulev" <makulev(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XFS filessystem for Datawarehousing -2
Date: 2006-08-03 05:36:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

I was kinda thinking that making the Block Size configurable at InitDB time
would be a nice & simple enhancement for PG 8.3. My own personal rule of
thumb for sizing is 8k for OLTP, 16k for mixed use, & 32k for DWH.

I have no personal experience with XFS, but, I've seen numerous internal
edb-postgres test results that show that of all file systems... OCFS
2.0seems to be quite good for PG update intensive apps (especially on
64 bit
machines).