Re: PITR performance overhead?

From: "Denis Lussier" <denisl(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "George Pavlov" <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR performance overhead?
Date: 2006-08-03 05:21:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

If your server is heavily I/O bound AND you care about your data AND your
are throwing out your WAL files in the middle of the day... You are headed
for a cliff.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to anyone on this thread, just a general
reminder to all you DBA's out there who sometimes are too busy to implement
PITR until after a disaster strikes. I know that in the past I've
personally been guilty of this on several occasions.

--Denis
EnterpriseDB (yeah, rah, rah...)