Re: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pete Forman <gsez020(at)kryten(dot)bedford(dot)waii(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ...
Date: 2000-11-07 15:09:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pete Forman <gsez020(at)kryten(dot)bedford(dot)waii(dot)com> writes:
> The only remaining failure is geometry. The results I got were nearly
> identical to geometry-powerpc-aix4.out. The only differences were the
> order of rows returned by three of the tables. I'll submit the
> results file to pgsql-patches.

Rather than making still another results file, let's fix the .sql file
to do an explicit ORDER BY for those queries. The regress tests are
mostly pretty lazy about ensuring a platform-independent ordering of
query results. In many places we can get away with that, but every so
often we notice another place where we can't. Looks like you've just
identified another.