Re: Lock partitions

From: markw(at)osdl(dot)org
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Mark Wong" <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lock partitions
Date: 2006-09-15 00:32:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org> writes:
>> Curious, I'm still seeing the same behavior. Maybe I'll take another
>> snapshot from CVS.
>
> Hm, maybe I need to try a bit harder here. Does the "not registered"
> error happen immediately/reliably for you, or do you need to run the
> test awhile?

It appears to occur for every order status transaction. You can monitor
the transactions by watching dbt2/scripts/output/*/driver/mix.log. A 'o'
(lowercase) indicates a successful order status transaction while a 'O'
(uppercase) indiciates an unsuccessful transaction.

or, perhaps a simplier way is to start the database then:

cd dbt2/src
./transaction_test -d localhost -l 5432 -t o

That will connect directly to the database and execute an order status
transaction.

Thanks,
Mark