Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Archive recovery won't be completed on some situation.
Date: 2014-05-12 11:40:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/12/2014 02:29 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Hmm.. probably I have the same opinion with you. If I understand this correctly,
> an immediate shutdown doesn't call CancelBackup() in 9.4 or before. But the
> commit 82233ce unintentionally changed an immediate shutdown so that it calls
> CancelBackup().

Oh, sorry. I thought it was the other way 'round: that we used to remove
backup_label on an immediate shutdown on 9.3 and before, but that 9.4
doesn't do that anymore. Now that I re-read this thread and tested it
myself, I see that I got it backwards.

I agree the new behavior is better, and we should just remove the Open
Items entry.

- Heikki