Re: unlogged tables vs. GIST

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unlogged tables vs. GIST
Date: 2013-02-11 13:58:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11.02.2013 08:44, Jeevan Chalke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any review comments on this ?

Sorry for the delay.

I did some minor cleanup on this. I added code to pg_resetxlog and
pg_controldata to reset / display the current unlogged LSN value. I
moved the static counter, for temporary relations, back to gistutil.c,
so that the function in xlog.c only deals with unlogged relations. It's
debatable if that's better, but IMHO it is. Also, the unloggedLSN
counter is now reset to 1 at crash recovery. There's no fundamental
reason it needs to be reset, rather than just continue from the last
shutdowned value like nothing happened, but it seems cleaner that way.

I'm happy with this now, but please take one more look before I commit this.

- Heikki

Attachment Content-Type Size
unlogged-gist-indexes-v4.patch text/x-diff 12.5 KB