Re: main.log file not being updated

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Anson Abraham <anson(dot)abraham(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: main.log file not being updated
Date: 2013-01-24 21:08:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/24/2013 12:44 PM, Anson Abraham wrote:
> i've always had logging_collector off. it would still log query /
> transactions that failed to the "syslog"
> (var/log/postgres/postgres-9.0-main.log).
> the only thing I've changed was turning log_duration back to off. But
> I've gone back and forth with what, and doing a postgres reload.

CCing list.

Then shouldn't

log_destination = 'stderr'

be

log_destination = 'syslog'

You may also want to check that the syslog configuration has not changed
and it is actually configured to catch the Postgres output.

Would not hurt to check the init.d script to see if it is overriding the
logging settings.

Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com