Multiple setup steps for isolation tests

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Multiple setup steps for isolation tests
Date: 2012-09-03 18:28:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just today found that the index-only scan feature has broken SSI.
I don't think it will take much to fix, and I'm looking at that, but
the first thing I wanted was a test to show the breakage. I couldn't
find a way to do that without running VACUUM after loading data to
the test tables, and because VACUUM refuses to run in a
multi-statement batch I propose the following patch to the isolation
testing code, which allows multiple setup blocks. Using this code I
now have an isolation test to show the breakage.

If there are no objections, I will apply this to HEAD and 9.2.

I'm working on a fix to the bug itself.

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
isolation-setuplist-v1.patch application/octet-stream 2.9 KB