Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa

From: Julian Smart <julian(dot)smart(at)btopenworld(dot)com>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com, Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>, "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III under wxCocoa
Date: 2003-09-30 14:15:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

At 11:31 30/09/2003 +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
>Seems like we have to choose between --with-mac and --with-cocoa. I would say
>(without really knowing) that --with-mac is the compatibility layer of MacOsX
>to old Macintosh applications, whereas --with-cocoa is the native MacOsX
>interface.
>
>But this may well be the converse. Julian, could you tell us more about these
>issues?

Hi,

wxCocoa is very much a work in progress and no-one is seriously
using it yet as far as I know. The chap to ask is:

David Elliott <elliott(at)stcnet(dot)com>

wxCocoa is a wrapper around Cocoa, and wxMac is a wrapper
around Carbon and (to be deprecated) the Classic API.
Carbon apps should work under both OSX and Mac Classic,
whereas Cocoa apps would only work on OSX.

For information about wxMac, the relevant contact is:

Stefan Csomor <csomor(at)advancedconcepts(dot)ch>

Regards,

Julian
Julian Smart mailto:julian(dot)smart(at)btopenworld(dot)com
3 Water Street, Stamford, www.anthemion.co.uk
Lincs, U.K., PE9 2NJ +44 (0)1780 765976
StoryLines: story structuring www.storylinescentral.com
HelpBlocks: HTML help authoring www.helpblocks.com