found a very confusing and maybe outdated sentence

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: found a very confusing and maybe outdated sentence
Date: 2011-03-29 19:07:08
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Hello,

It is in start.sgml. You can see it here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/tutorial-accessdb.html

The last two sentences on the page:

" If PostgreSQL is installed correctly you can also
type man psql at the operating system shell prompt
to see the documentation. In this tutorial we will not
use these features explicitly, but you can use them
yourself when it is helpful."

Isn't that totally outdated?

Is "man" really working on Windows?

Also the sentence says that the whole product isn't correct
installed just because docs aren't installed. Which also isn't
really true.

Honesty, I just would like to drop the whole sentences.

What do you think?

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant