Re: PostgreSQL 8.3: Start service Error message

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Phifi <aliwalsportswear(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.3: Start service Error message
Date: 2011-01-06 11:04:43
Lists: pgadmin-support
Le 05/01/2011 12:51, Phifi a écrit :

> Computer 2 (POS):
> I get an error message "Could not connect to server: Connection timed out.
> Is the server running and accepting TCP/IP connections?
> Computer 1 (Server):
> When i click "Start service" for the PostgreSQL i get this message: "Local
> Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they
> have no work to do"
>
> How can i solve this, please assist...thank you.

You cannot connect to the server because it's not started. Why it isn't
started, I don't know. You should probably look in your Windows Events
log, or in the PostgreSQL logs if you activated the logging_collector.

And you should probably ask this on pgsql-general.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr