Re: problem updating from form

From: Karen Springer <karen(dot)springer(at)cobham(dot)com>
To: adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem updating from form
Date: 2011-01-03 07:12:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Adrian,

Yes, the complaints have increased with the number or rows and the
number of users accessing the DB.

The problem record looks like this.

BarCode: W205179
PartNumber: 380-013
LRU: 380-013
PartsListRev
SerialNumber
MTN
DocNum: 150-2380-XXX
Comments
SupplierNo
DrawingNoRev
WorkOrder
BldStdRev: 1.02
Quantity
Salesorder
WOQuantity: 1
xmin: 1933434795

There is nothing that stands out with the data. I have been trying to
update the WorkOrder field in my tests. The users complain that they
have problems updating the WorkOrder, MTN & Comments fields. This
particular record has consistently had a problem (though not always),
but users are unable to update other records as well. It doesn't occur
with all records though. Most of the time the updates work fine. I
test using a new Access DB that contains only a copy of this table and a
form with the BarCode and WorkOrder fields. There isn't any code behind
the form.

Best regards,
Karen