Re: RSS should contain URL to source code

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: Martin Atukunda <matlads(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RSS should contain URL to source code
Date: 2010-10-07 21:25:17
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Il 07/10/10 15:32, Martin Atukunda ha scritto:
> I'd like to propose that the description be extended a little to
> include the URL from which to download the source code. Something like
> this:

I would actually suggest to use the Atom Syndication Format as well,
which would allow to specify even multiple "links" in different formats,
using the link element together with the 'alt' and the 'rel' attributes.
This would allow to have such information available as metadata rather
than text.

My 2 cents.

Of course, if you want and you think it is easily doable, I can prepare
an example using the current data, or assist you with coding the script
to generate it (I assume it is PHP, isn't it?).

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia