Re: Unable to install pg in Win (MVR error)

From: "M(dot) Bashir Al-Noimi" <admin(at)mbnoimi(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to install pg in Win (MVR error)
Date: 2010-06-14 20:47:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On 14/06/2010 08:43 ?, Dave Page wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <admin(at)mbnoimi(dot)net
> <mailto:admin(at)mbnoimi(dot)net>> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>

> As shown in the following screenshot I couldn't install pg in
> Windows because it couldn't install Microsoft VC++ Runtime!
>

> How I can fix this issue?
>

> If you already have the right version (VC++ 2005 SP1) of the runtimes
> installed, you could run the installer with the option:
>
> --install_runtimes 0
>
> to skip the runtime installation.
I tried to run pg installer with "--install_runtimes 0" but I got
warning message tell me that database cluster failed does this problem
related to wrong MVR?

if yes how I can fix this issue? do I need to remove installed MVR (I
didn't find it in Add or Remove Programs list)?

PS.
After finishing the installer I noticed that pg services didn't start at
all although I successfully installed pg on another PC!

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Attachment Content-Type Size