Re: Fulltext search configuration

From: Daniel Chiaramello <daniel(dot)chiaramello(at)golog(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fulltext search configuration
Date: 2009-02-02 11:13:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Mohamed.

I don't know where you get the dictionary - I unsuccessfully tried the
OpenOffice one by myself (the Ayaspell one), and I had no arabic
stopwords file.

Renaming the file is supposed to be enough (I did it successfully for
Thailandese dictionary) - the ".aff'" file becoming the ".affix" one.
When I tried to create the dictionary:

CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY ar_ispell (
TEMPLATE = ispell,
DictFile = ar_utf8,
AffFile = ar_utf8,
StopWords = english
);

I had an error:

ERREUR: mauvais format de fichier affixe pour le drapeau
CONTEXTE : ligne 42 du fichier de configuration «
/usr/share/pgsql/tsearch_data/ar_utf8.affix » : « PFX Aa Y 40

(which means Bad format of Affix file for flag, line 42 of configuration
file)

Do you have an error when creating your dictionary?

Daniel