Re: Monty on MySQL 5.1: "Oops, we did it again"

From: Jason Long <mailing(dot)list(at)supernovasoftware(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Monty on MySQL 5.1: "Oops, we did it again"
Date: 2008-12-01 23:10:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Greg Smith wrote:
> I wonder if I'm the only one who just saved a copy of that post for
> reference in case it gets forcibly removed...
>
> Recently I was thinking about whether I had enough material to warrant
> a 2008 update to "Why PostgreSQL instead of MySQL"; who would have
> guessed that Monty would do most of the research I was considering for
> me?
>
> --
> * Greg Smith gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD

I quit using MySQL years ago when the default table type did not have
transactions and subqueries were not existent. The features I was
looking for were already in PostgreSQL for several versions.

I am surprised to see such an honest post regarding MySQL.

"Sun Picks Up MySQL For $1 Billion"
<http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/01/16/sun-picks-up-mysql-for-1-billion-open-source-is-a-legitimate-business-model/>
to bad for them they did not go with PostgreSQL. :)