Re: UUID generation functions

From: Rommel the iCeMAn <icecrew(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UUID generation functions
Date: 2008-06-03 13:43:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

>> But 8.3 still does not generate UUIDs, only stores/compares them

This is true, however, only last week I completed a successful pg 8.3
install and during the installation I was able to include UUID
generation functions as an option. I now have 10 functions called
uuid_something. The ones I use most begin with "uuid_generate". I can
call these functions from within my own stored procs.

Rommel the iCeMAn
Barbados, Caribbean.