VacAttrStatsP vs VacAttrStats * (typedef'ing pointer types)

From: Jan Urbański <j(dot)urbanski(at)students(dot)mimuw(dot)edu(dot)pl>
To: Postgres - Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VacAttrStatsP vs VacAttrStats * (typedef'ing pointer types)
Date: 2008-05-02 21:22:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While looking around vacuum.h (for my GSoC project) I found:
typedef struct VacAttrStats *VacAttrStatsP;
and then throughout the code sometimes VacAttrStats *foo is used and
sometimes VacAttrStatsP bar is used.

Call this obsessive-compulsive disorder, but it kind of bothers me. Is
there a reason for using both notations? If not, then which one is
preferred and should I write a patch for it or should I just take a pill
or two and focus on important things?

Regards,
Jan
--