Re: Overblogging etc

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Overblogging etc
Date: 2008-01-13 11:59:33
Lists: pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> I strongly object to this. We should encourage *more* blogging, not less.
>> I agree with more blogging, but I think we must avoid clogging.
>>
>> I've not seen anyone write an interesting blog that comes out almost
>> daily, so I don't think once per week is restrictive on the types of
>> content we really want to see. It can be a guideline.
>
> The reason I have so many blog entries is that I just started a Postgres
> blog and had some pent-up items to post about.
>
> As far as long entries, you wil not see them from me. I am usually
> brief, even in email. And I probably will be pretty frequent.

There's a difference between brief and one-liners. Brief is fine by me.
To look at your blog as an example, the latest two posts are absolute
fine - while brief. It's the first two one-liners that seem a bit
unnecessary for syndication.

> That said, I do feel bad some very signficant blog entries were pushed
> off the main page by mine. I fact I was surprised at how complex many
> blog entries were.

Glad to see you've stumbled upon the great info that can be found in
these posts :-)

//Magnus