Re: Overblogging etc

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Overblogging etc
Date: 2008-01-14 20:20:47
Lists: pgsql-www

Magus Ha gander wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> I agree with more blogging, but I think we must avoid clogging.
> >>
> >> I've not seen anyone write an interesting blog that comes out almost
> >> daily, so I don't think once per week is restrictive on the types of
> >> content we really want to see. It can be a guideline.
> >
> > The reason I have so many blog entries is that I just started a Postgres
> > blog and had some pent-up items to post about.
> >
> > As far as long entries, you wil not see them from me. I am usually
> > brief, even in email. And I probably will be pretty frequent.
>
> There's a difference between brief and one-liners. Brief is fine by me.
> To look at your blog as an example, the latest two posts are absolute
> fine - while brief. It's the first two one-liners that seem a bit
> unnecessary for syndication.

I assume Planet PostgreSQL is for blogging, not for writing technical
articles. If every blog posting is going to go through such scrutiny it
isn't worth it for me to be on Planet PostgreSQL. Feel free to remove
me.

The bottom line is that every Planet PostgreSQL blog items takes the
same space on the Postgres web site as an event or training course.
This significantly raises the bar on what you want to have on Planet
PostgreSQL. Obviously a significant number of people are willing to
write article-length postings to reach that bar; I am not.