Re: Problem with survey code

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Problem with survey code
Date: 2007-10-24 06:52:04
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:09, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Team,
>>>
>>> Low priority issue:
>>>
>>> When one adds a new survey to wwwmaster, it gets added to the Survey
>>> History whether it is activated or not. As a result, we now have a bunch
>>> of 0 results surveys already in the history:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.49
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.52
>>>
>>> These will get results once we rotate them into the limelight, but it's a
>>> little disconcerting right now.
>> hmm - just commited a small change to exclude all the ones that have
>> zero results in them - should go live on the next sidebuild.
>>

> This means to activate a survey you have to vote in it, right?

this means that a survey needs to have at least one vote to show up in
the "Other surveys" listing.
Afaiks there is no real "this survey is actived" flag/indication in the
code - only "this is the survey that is running now" so looking at the
number of votes is the only hint we can use for generating a list of
"surveys that ran in the past".

Stefan