Re: Training events policy ... first test case

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date: 2007-10-24 05:40:35
Lists: pgsql-www

> > Also, given enough companies and bad scheduling luck, you can
> > always get bumped off the main page, so I think we should approve them
> > all.
>
> They problem is that we *know* we have companies who are scheduling
> training sessions which will never be held, in order to keep their names
> in that "top 3". Maybe we need to revisit how training events are listed
> on the home page?

If we _know_ they do this why don't we put a clear policy on what's allowed (which we should do anyway) and if they break that we limit them to _zero_ posts for a couple of months until they start complying?

Unrelated, we could change the frontpage to only show the first event per company. The rest would only be listed on the details page.

/Magnus