Re: Suggestion for MSVC build

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Chuck McDevitt <cmcdevitt(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Suggestion for MSVC build
Date: 2007-09-25 08:56:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chuck McDevitt wrote:
> Maybe I need to do some research on readline... this seems more
> complicated than I expected.
> Does no one else use readline on Windows? Is the Gnuwin32 readline a
> fraud? I just don't know.

readline has never worked well on Windows which is why we don't use it
with the official builds. Even if you can get it to build, it'll only
work in US locales iirc. From what you've posted of your experience, it
doesn't sound like things have improved.

The other option is libedit, but last I tried that didn't even build on
Windows. That was some time ago though.

Regards, Dave