Re: SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL released

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL released
Date: 2007-06-01 15:40:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> I asked them some time ago. They answered me this :
>
> As for SQL Manager for PostgreSQL - we regret to inform you that the
> development and support of Linux editions of EMS software products has
> become impossible now that Borland no longer supports Kylix libraries
> for Delphi, on which all Linux versions of EMS software were based.
> Hence, EMS has made a decision to discontinue Linux versions of its
> products. Linux products will not be available for sale or download anymore.

Just a FYI, their win32 versions will probably work fine in Linux via WINE.

Lightning Admin does anyway(work via WINE) and they program their
products with Delphi as well, so I think it would work fine.

Just one word of advice about WINE, make sure you have the core MS true
type fonts installed or the win32 apps will look funny, especially when
using editors.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto