Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32
Date: 2007-02-01 18:38:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Have you been leaving the dark side lately?
> (pgAdmin does this..)

I still have pgAdmin installed :-) it's a good reference tool.
I imagine you guys are using it for the pg_restore/pg_dump? There
really should be a pg_dump.dll and a pg_restore.dll so a pgpass
file would not be needed. The microolap guys have created the dlls and
it's what I use now for my dump/restore operations.

Is there a way to tell libpq in the connection string or something not
to use a pgpass.conf file? I looked in the libpq docs but didn't really
see anything.

I kind of don't like the way the pgpass file affected all the apps that
used libpq, it could be considered a security risk.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design