Re: 8.2 Beta 3 Now Available for Download / Testing ...

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.2 Beta 3 Now Available for Download / Testing ...
Date: 2006-11-08 09:32:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>

>> As a result of there being two *known* outstanding bugs, we have just
>> bundled up a Beta3, to allow for testing of the recent patch
>> concerning WAL replay ...
>>
> What are the bugs?

AFAIK:

1. Tuple freezing and hint bits were not WAL-logged, which could lead to
data corruption if database crashed after VACUUM. See recent thread
titled "WAL logging freezing".

2. B-tree page deletion bug, which could lead to VACUUM erroring with
"failed to re-find parent key" message. See thread "Nasty btree deletion
bug": http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-10/msg01373.php

--
Heikki Linnakangas