Re: 8.2 features status

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: 8.2 features status
Date: 2006-08-11 16:01:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Lastly if you review this thread you would see that Andrew and I had
> already decided to wait until after Linux World to actually propose
> something.

It is perhaps not surprising, but most of the discussion has been
focused on technologies (mailing lists, wikis, bugtrackers, trac, SCM
systems, etc.). My view is that these things are at best enablers of
good process, but they should not define the processes used. I am trying
to spend what little time I can devote to this topic to thinking about
the issues I see in human rather than technological terms.

cheers

andrew