Feature proposal

From: wstrzalka <wstrzalka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature proposal
Date: 2010-08-25 07:15:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm currently playing with very large data import using COPY from
file.

As this can be extremely long operation (hours in my case) the nice
feature would be some option to show operation progress - how many
rows were already imported.

Or maybe there is some way to do it? As long as postgres have no read-
uncommited I think I can estimate it only by destination table size ??