Re: shrinking the postgresql.conf

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: shrinking the postgresql.conf
Date: 2005-08-08 16:12:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>
>>As I have been laboring over the documentation of the postgresql.conf
>>file for 8.1dev it seems that it may be useful to rip out most of the
>>options in this file?
>

> What? The contents of postgresql.conf *are* documentation.

Yes there are documentation bits in the postgresql.conf but they are in
no way the level of what a book entails, or even a badly written article.

My actual point was that we could put a lot of the options in a global
table that could be adjusted versus having the flat file.

Sincerely,

Joshua D> Drake