Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions
Date: 2005-06-14 04:44:42
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> But you had mentioned wanting to look at reducing overhead by using
> exec_eval_expr(); were you intending to do that before committing?

I'm a bit busy with other matters at the moment, so I'll probably look
at it later. One question is whether we should make use of
exec_eval_expr() by representing the RAISE parameter list as a list of
expressions (each of which would likely be simple enough to evaluate via
ExecEvalExpr()), or whether we want to extend exec_eval_expr() to handle
expressions that yield multiple attributes.

-Neil