Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets
Date: 2005-05-12 13:40:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>Is that what you had in mind?
>>

>Not entirely. We should move around the test sql script and the expected
>result file so that the file structure looks exactly like one of the
>test-enabled contrib modules.

That's pretty much what I thought I did except that I put it all in the
test subdir. Frankly, I think that's a better arrangement - having
cube/cube.sql and cube/sql/cube.sql is confusing - putting test stuff in
a test subdirectory makes its purpose clear. I guess instead of changing
to that directory we could pass it as the inputdir and outputdir options
to pg_regress - that would probably be cleaner.

>I realize that's a PITA to describe as a
>patch --- just tell me in words what to put where (ls -lR maybe) and
>it shall be so.

ok, when we know we're both on the same sheet of music I'll do that.

cheers

andrew