Re: [SQL] Postgres schema comparison.

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-ADMIN(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Postgres schema comparison.
Date: 2005-03-07 13:06:36
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Hi, Stef,

Stef schrieb:

> The problem I have with this, is that I have to run the command per table,
> and seeing that I have over 500 tables in each database, this takes quite a
> long time.

Some weeks ago, I posted here a script that uses psql to create split
dumps. Maybe you can reuse some of its logics to create per-table
md5sums for all tables in a database automatically.

Markus
Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS

Attachment Content-Type Size
dump_split.sh application/x-shellscript 1.2 KB