Too many clients----A big problem for my team

From: "ganapatiram" <ganapatiram(at)symphonydata(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Too many clients----A big problem for my team
Date: 2005-03-07 13:08:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Experts,

I work with postgresql 8.0 version. I have a team of 14 developers. When all the team connects the DB i see this error very very frequently which is a severe problem for me and team all the day. The error is:

Please report this exception: java.sql.SQLException: FATAL: sorry, too many clients already

when i do trial and error changes i see this error differently but the essense of the error remains same.

I have max_connections=200 and i have 5 users for my DB. I dont understand what to do in order to resolve this. Please suggest me something by which i can overcome this problem. I referred few threads but none of them are of my case.

Waiting for your valuable suggestion..........

Thanks and Regards

Ram