Re: unicode and frensh accents

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Zouari Fourat <fourat(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unicode and frensh accents
Date: 2005-03-03 14:28:04
Lists: pgsql-php

> I have a problem displaying frensh data :
> my client encoding is set to UNICODE (same as phpPgAdmin)
> when selecting data with phpPgAdmin, there's no errors displaying
> accents and other special frensh caracters.
> but when selecting from my own script i dont get those frensh caracters.
> in my html pages i do :
> like phpPgAdmin and there is allways problems displaying frensh data...
> anyone can help ?

Well, you can try sending an http header as well, before ANY of your
script's output:

header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

Alternatively, try setting the client encoding to unicode with an sql
statement before running any queries, however that should not be
necessary as client encoding defaults to server encoding.

BTW, have a look at the printHeader() method in classes/Misc.php in
phpPgAdmin to see how we do it.

Chris