Re: merging advocacy and "overview"

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Date: 2004-12-03 08:16:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

elein wrote:
<snip>
> Because the intent of the site is to give back to the community
> and because it has been achieving that goal I politely disagree
> with Robert Treat's interpretation of GB as something not part
> of the community as a whole.

If it's any help, my opinion is that General Bits is much more a
Community Resource (like Techdocs was back in the day ;-> ) than a
Commercial add-on/enhancement or similar.

I don't think it hurts us to add Varlena to the Commercial Sponsors type
of section, because it takes a lot of time and effort to make and
maintain a good, worthwhile, Community Resource like this that enhances
a Community, and raises the knowledge bar for everyone.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift