Poor Performance on a table

From: Pallav Kalva <pkalva(at)deg(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Poor Performance on a table
Date: 2004-12-02 19:11:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi ,

I have a table in my production database which has 500k rows and
from the pg_class it shows the number of "relpages" of
around 750K for this table, the same table copied to a test database
shows "relpages" as 35k. I run vacuumdb on the whole
database (not on the table individually but the whole database) daily.
I think because of this most of queries are slowing down which used to
run much faster before.
Is there any way to fix this problem ?

Thanks!
Pallav