Upgrading on RH72

From: Patrick Nelson <pnelson(at)neatech(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL List (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrading on RH72
Date: 2002-08-10 05:12:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Finally realized that the problems that I'm having are because my server is
RH72 running server 7.1.3-2 and my clients are RH73 running 7.2.1-5 and the
clients don't seem backward compatible. So I thought I would upgrade the
server to RH73... OK that's not going to work. So I grabbed the latest 72
rpms from a PostgreSQL mirror which have the version that looks like
7.2.1-2, so this should work. Anyone have success with this? I think it
said something about having to initdb... what does this mean?

What does the PGDG stand for in the filename (i.e.
postgresql-7.2.1-2PGDG.i386.rpm)?