Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>,pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Date: 2004-08-23 20:33:44
Lists: pgsql-general
> My understanding is also that there are an increasing amount of people
> that don't like this model. They want the core team to package their
> specialized needs along with the core db and support it as one. Or,
> maybe said another way, they want all their features to come from one
> entity and be supported by that entity.
> Seems like what we have here is a golden opportunity for a business.
> Though, aren't there already such redhat-like consulting businesses for
> postgres?

What you are talking about is my Company. Command Prompt, Inc. or SRA
with PowerGres. Command Prompt and SRA both offer PostgreSQL

In fact SRA offers a native Win32 version that is threaded already.
Command Prompt offers its Mammoth line for Linux/OSX and Solaris and it
includes replication.

Joshua D. Drake

>  Aug 23, 2004, at 1:03 PM, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>> Your customers and many of your contributors would really like to see
>> PostgreSQL become more then just the core backend. A Redhat bundle is
>> great if your'e a Redhat user. If you are on another platform however,
>> it's no good to you. And some bundle from "a group of ppl" or "someone"?
>> No, sorry, that won't cut it either. It's just not the same thing at all.
>> Regards,
>> Thomas Hallgren
>> TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

+1-503-667-4564 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com -