Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>,pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions
Date: 2004-08-23 20:33:44
Lists: pgsql-general
> My understanding is also that there are an increasing amount of people
> that don't like this model. They want the core team to package their
> specialized needs along with the core db and support it as one. Or,
> maybe said another way, they want all their features to come from one
> entity and be supported by that entity.
>
> Seems like what we have here is a golden opportunity for a business.
> Though, aren't there already such redhat-like consulting businesses for
> postgres?

What you are talking about is my Company. Command Prompt, Inc. or SRA
with PowerGres. Command Prompt and SRA both offer PostgreSQL
"distributions".

In fact SRA offers a native Win32 version that is threaded already.
Command Prompt offers its Mammoth line for Linux/OSX and Solaris and it
includes replication.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake